Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

DIY Plushies. Or pillows. | Gör-det-själv: Gosedjur. Eller kuddar.


I love how this blog gets me to do things I wouldn't have otherwise. For example, if I hadn't decided to really try and post something each Tuesday at the sewing circle meeting, I wouldn't have made these adorable pillows this evening. Even though it took all of thirty minutes (I don't hand sew that fast...).


I found the ingenious fabric "Happy Drawing" by Cloud9 at Purl Soho when I was there a few weeks ago. It's apparently based on Ed Emberly's Drawing Book of Animals, originally published in 1970. I hadn't heard about the book, but I looked it up on Amazon and it looks real fun.


The fabric is fun too, the animals are marked so they are easy to cut out, and the pattern even gives you ideas of what to make of it. Pillows, totes, bibs, on pockets and so on.


I made a lion and a fox for baby I. The backside is in green cotton, the same fabric I will make his cot bumper in. I simply cut and sewed on my machine, stuffed them and hand sewed the gap I had left open. Done!

I am sorry for the bad photos of the finished animals, all day light is gone now...


***
Summary in Swedish: Den här bloggen är verkligen toppen - den får mig att genomföra saker jag annars inte skulle ha gjort! De här kuddarna till exempel. De hade jag inte sytt i kväll. Ibland är de enkla projekten också de enklaste att skjuta upp.


Men jag tog mig samman för att inte missa dagens syföreningsmöte, och har sytt gosedjur, eller djurkuddar, till bebis I. Tyget är helt fantastiskt, heter "Happy Drawing" från Cloud9. Jag köpte det på Purl Soho i New York, men det kan beställas på nätet också.


Baksidan är i grön bomull, jag klippte och sydde, stoppade dem och sydde den sista biten för hand. Klart! 

4 comments:

  1. Sååå fina! Jag har haft samma tanke, men inte hittat något passande tyg ännu. Synd att det inte blir NY under kommande USA-resan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. va fina dom blev =) bra ide´ å enkel att göra med barn med. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tusen tack!

    Linda, man kan köpa tyget på nätet från Purl Soho! Eller köpa ett annat tyg med hyfsat stort mönster och klippa ut förstås.

    ReplyDelete